Wednesday, December 1, 2010

In memory

Today, a family member is taken to her final rest after a tragic drowning accident. This is for her.

Do not stand at my grave and weep
I am not there. I do not sleep.
I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.
I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.
When you awaken in the morning's hush
I am the swift uplifting rush
of quiet birds in circled flight.
I am the soft stars that shine at night.
Do not stand at my grave and cry;
I am not there, I did not die.

rest in peace

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very sorry to hear such news Bettina.
My thoughts are with you. A beautiful poem.
Rosemary...

Acquired Objects said...

I'm so sorry for your loss but that's a beautiful poem and image in their honor.

Lone said...

Kære Bettina.
Jeg kigger forbi din blog for at fortælle dig at du er med på min december top ti og så læser jeg at der sker tragiske og triste ting omkring dig. Det gør mig ondt.
Knus Lone

Bettina said...

Rosemary: She wasn't in near family but it's sad anyway. I thought she desevered attention.

Ackuired Objects: thank you!

Lone: Takk.